As I just typed today's date on the title of the blog, I realized what an important day in the history of our nation. 9/11 Never forget and God Bless America!
Dennis was able to finish a whole round of chemo, Aug 30th and Sept 6th. Dennis doesn't have any treatments this week. His next round is Sept 20th and 27th.
Dennis was able to go fishing last week at the beach. He lasted a short time and was worn out, but, enjoyed every minute of it!
This week has brought on some challenges. Dennis had a couple of bloody noses last night and some unexplained bruising on his foot. We did call Dr Spillane this morning to let him know. The doctor ordered some blood work to check on Dennis's platelets. The platelets help the blood to coagulate. One of the chemo medicine's, Gemzar, can cause a decrease in platelets. So, we should hear from the oncology office when they get the results. Or should I say we'll hear from them if there's a concern.
Dennis's uncles are visiting this week from Michigan. We look forward to getting to see them and spend some time with them.
Not much to report. But, I thought I would update today.
Have a blessed day!
Sharon and Dennis

No comments:
Post a Comment