I thought I would post a quick update:
Dennis had his chemo/immunotherapy treatment yesterday morning. He was feeling pretty poorly when he went in. But, by the time he left, he was feeling much better. I know this isn't the 'norm' for someone having chemotherapy but, I think that the anti-nausea medicine that they give him is the key. So, the doctor had him go in this morning for more IV fluids and anti-nausea medicine. He will repeat this treatment tomorrow morning. Dr Spillane, the oncologist is hoping that all the extra fluids and anti nausea meds will keep him well enough to make it to his treatment next Wednesday. It helped so much that Dennis actually slept for 5 hours straight last night after his treatment.
Yesterday he and his mom, Betty, had appointments at the same time. They got to sit next to each other while they both received there IV treatments. Betty's infusion is only about an hour, but, it was nice that they got to visit.
Betty just found out the tumor in her kidney has grown some. She will be starting a new chemo pill this month. We are praying that it is tolerable for her.
Ashley is now all trained and I just finished working today at noon. It was a great job for the last 5+ years. I worked with wonderful doctors and patients. I will miss everyone but I am blessed for the priceless time Dennis and I will have together!!!
That's all the news I have for now.
We continue to be thankful for the blessings of each and everyone of you.
Love and Hugs,
Sharon and Dennis
No comments:
Post a Comment