https://www.ucsfhealth.org/locations/parnassus
Dennis and I went for an orientation yesterday to the oncologist's office and infusion center. He will start chemo on June 6th with 1 type of therapy. Then, 8 days later he'll have a second type of chemo and take the following week off. It's a 21 day cycle of rotating 2 different types of therapy. He should be able to have a couple different rounds of this before surgery and more rounds after. We were encouraged when we found out he won't lose his hair! Hahaha!😂 Also, not everyone gets nauseated with these 2 drugs. But, they will give him anti-nausea meds to have at home just in case.
Yesterday afternoon, Dennis had his PET scan. They gave him a radioactive tracer which finds the hot spots in his body. Tumors create these hot spots, which shows up on the scan. He was glowing when he came home.👀 Not really, but, we had to stay 6 feet away from each other for 18 hours. It was nice to get to hug him again this morning.
We are hoping that he will get the results of his specialized blood tests and the PET scan when he goes in for his first chemo. Dr Spillane, the oncologist is out of town right now. He'll need to review all the tests.
That's it for now. I hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day week-end and let's not forget why we celebrate this day.
God Bless,
Sharon and Dennis
Thank you for the update. Been thinking of you both a lot and praying test results will show no spreading. Staying positive is a good thing, I truly believe it helps the body. You can’t go wrong with god on your side either! 😁 we love you both so much.
ReplyDeleteMonica & Charles
❤❤
ReplyDeleteHi, Sharon and Dennis -- I was just catching up on your blog. I know writing it is therapeutic for you, and I'm grateful for it too. It gives me something specific to pray for! We love you, and hope all the procedures go just like they should!
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Ann and Frank