We got back the pathology from Stanford. The report concludes
'Given the radiographic impression of a mass lesion, the finding are highly suspicious, but, not definitive, for a diagnosis of adenocarcinoma'
Dennis had an appointment yesterday, March 30th, with Dr Fallon, his PCP. She said that this was caught very early and that is why there isn't a definitive answer at this point. Frustrating, but, we're considering it good news.
Dennis had his chest and abdominal CT scans on Tuesday, March 28th. Dr Fallon had the report and gave us a copy for our records. In the report we're interpreting the gallbladder may be involved, but that is easy to remove. It say's there is a 'thickening of the wall of the neck of the gallbladder'. There are some other findings (again, not definitive) so, we don't want to speculate until we speak with Dr Hayashi next week and see what all this means.
Now that the CTs have been done, we are hoping to hear back from UCSF soon.
Dennis's last blood work showed that his bilirubin number is 3.3 after being 26 on the day the stents were placed. He is looking much better and besides a little fatigued, feeling ok at this time.
We feel everyone's prayers and good thoughts. Thank you for the texts, cards and phone calls, they mean a lot to us!
Dennis's faith and positive attitude is a blessing.
I will update again after Dennis's appointment with Dr Hayashi April 5th. I'm unable to take that day off, so Elizabeth will attend that appointment with her dad.
'For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong'. 2 Cor 12:10
Blessings,
Dennis and Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment