Saturday, May 6, 2023

update on trip to San Francisco

 The time we've been waiting for is only a couple of days away. Dennis's mom, Betty, will be going with us (she is such a positive and comforting presence) and has made arrangements to stay at a Victorian Bed and Breakfast while we are there. The location of the B&B is close to where a good friend of the Ross family lives, Naomi. Naomi will help us navigate the city. (I'm such a small, rural town girl and the city is a little overwhelming!) I'm sure that returning in June won't be as daunting since we'll be more familiar with our surroundings.

Dennis is looking forward to having the procedure and being a step closer to surgery at the end of June. His waves of not feeling well are increasing in length. But, he makes dinner a few times a week, has done some weeding outside, and is trying to exercise 30-60 minutes a day, per instructions from the doctors. We are thankful for all the hunting and fishing videos posted on YouTube. Also, Dennis is a big baseball fan and it's baseball season! Yay!! One of the perks of having T-Mobile cell service is that you can sign up for the MLB channel for free, on a certain day, right before the season opens. It's been a good year to take advantage of that perk!

We should be home by Wednesday. We'll take the 3-4 hour drive slow, depending on how Dennis is feeling after the procedure. If needed, we may stay an extra night. I will update the blog when we get back. 

'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.'      Gal 2:20 (Dennis's favorite scripture)

Blessings, 

Sharon and Dennis 

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad you’re both surrounded by such a great support team! Keeping you all in prayer

    ReplyDelete

November 8, 2023

Dear Family and Friends, It saddens me to tell you that Dennis finished his swim upstream today. He died around 7:00 am this morning- twelve...